18 May 2017 -
7:00pm to 10:00pm
Venue: Museum of English Rural Life
£4 (advance) £5 (on the door)
Join us for a lively evening of drinks, music, activities and talks on a digital theme!
Explore ideas for using digital technology in museums - and try out some cool stuff!
This event is part of #digiRDG: Town and Country, an Arts Council England funded project to transform digital engagement at Reading Museum and the Museum of English Rural Life (the MERL). Discover more at the event and find out how you can get involved.
Please note that this event will be held at The MERL.
- See Inside Reading Abbey 360 project
- Follow an Augmented Reality trail around the galleries, designed by jelly artist and creator of Piogeon Street, Peter Lang. (Save time and download the free Aurasma app on your phone or tablet before you get here)
- Get a 3D scan of your face & take away a file you can print (Limited availability - sign up individually or as a couple)
- Design a robot inspired by our collections and enter The MERL Robot competition
- Listen to sounds of the town and country on a Digital Soundmap of Reading by local sound artist Felicity Ford aka KnitSONIK
- Find out how (& why!) The MERL Sensory Cow was created
- Try a Roman village VR experience - complete with smells - and take a virtual tour of Ancient Rome!
- Object handling - compare the real thing and 3D printed versions
- Meet Reading Hackspace volunteers and their Eggbot!
- Take part in a digital museum hack & share your ideas for digital projects at The MERL & Reading Museum
- ...and more
Join students from the University of Reading's ArtLab to:
- Create a keepsake using a 3D pen
- Find out about 3D scanning and printing, and watch museum objects being recreated
- littleBits electronics workshop
Pop-up Gallery Talks
Hear about exciting digital projects including:
Internet of Things