Since 2010 the Reading Abbey Revealed project has:
- Conserved the Abbey Ruins in five phases. Work started on the south transept in February 2017 finishing with the dormitory in May 2018. The Ruins re-opened to the public on 16 June 2018.
- Undertaken vital internal and roof repairs to the Abbey Gateway that were completed in April 2018. Reading Museum’s Victorian Schoolroom will move into the Gateway in September 2018.
- Created a new Story of Reading Gallery at Reading Museum where visitors can start their visit to the Abbey Quarter. This opened in February 2018.
- Installed new information boards to explain the history of the Quarter and and pedestrian directional signage from the railway station and The Oracle shopping centre in May and June 2018.
- Created more opportunities for people to get involved through volunteering including guided walks, museum tours, costumed interpretation, events, talks and research into the Abbey’s history and its effect on the town.
- Set up a programme of events and activities for the public to learn new things about the Abbey and increase their enjoyment and appreciation of the site.
- Opened the Ruins for venue hire including weddings, cinema or theatre performances to provide revenue for future maintenance costs.